The Friends of Lighthouse School organization strives to enhance the Waldorf-inspired educational experience of the students and staff of The Lighthouse School. Through coordinated fundraising efforts, FOLS aims to support the school’s integrated arts and student health programs to facilitate a holistic learning environment that nurtures the whole child – head, heart, and hands.
Specific items and areas of focused project support include:
- Fine arts specialties such as music, drama, foreign language, art, cooking and handwork.
- Physical education, science and health programs and equipment.
- Specialized staff development and training.
- Library inventory and supplies.
- Specialized classroom and student supplies and needs.
- School facilities, technology, and safety improvements and enhancements.
- Student projects and programs that promote renewable resources and sustainability such as gardening, recycling, etc.